Credit – Wrestling Observer
As noted, the May 20th WWE RAW did a 2.97 cable rating for 4.32 million viewers.
In the segment breakdown, Chris Jericho and The Miz vs. Fandango and Wade Barrett lost 360,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Titus O’Neil gained 206,000, which is a very good gain for a match like that. Paul Heyman introducing Curtis Axel gained 365,000 viewers. The rest of that segment with Triple H coming out gained 13,000 viewers at 9pm for a 3.10 quarter rating.
Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio and Layla vs. AJ Lee lost 47,000 viewers but that could be considered a success. Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder and Ryback’s appearance lost 358,000 viewers. Kofi Kingston, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield in their lengthy match gained 290,000 viewers for a 3.03 quarter rating.
Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger gained 237,000 viewers. The main event with Triple H vs. Curtis Axel gained 551,000 viewers for a 3.44 quarter rating in the overrun.
WWE Smackdown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Omaha, Nebraska:
* The Miz and another MizTV segment opens this week’s WWE SmackDown. His guests are Fandango and Summer Rae. Miz announces he will do MizTV and then win the Intercontinental Title tonight. Wade Barrett interrupts and starts running down Fandango and threatens him. Miz and Barrett start brawling and we have tonight’s first match.
* The Miz vs. Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title is up first. Fandango comes out dancing and interrupts in the match. Barrett nails the Bullhammer on Fandago but Miz wins by DQ.
* Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger is next. Zeb Colter cuts a promo about conspiracies before the match. Bryan wins a back and forth match with the Yes Lock. After the match, the crowd chants “yes” and Bryan looks as if he’s crazy before putting the lock on Swagger again. Kane breaks the hold up and they argue before Bryan leaves.
* Damien Sandow is out in the ring with Matt Striker. Sheamus ends up coming out. This was described as a weak segment to start a Sheamus vs. Sandow feud.
* Chris Jericho defeated Big Show by count out. Big Show controlled most of the match but Jericho hit a Codebreaker outside of the ring and Show got counted out.
* Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel are out next. Heyman and Axel talk about extending his brand and taking out Triple H.
* Sin Cara vs. Curtis Axel is up next. Cara hits his usual high-flying moves but McGillicutty wins with his finisher.
* Kofi Kingston vs. Dean Ambrose for the United States Title is up next. The match ends when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfere. Randy Orton and Sheamus make the save. Teddy Long makes a six-man match.
* The Shield controlled most of the match but the faces turned it around. Orton hits a RKO on Reigns, Rollins takes a Brogue Kick but Ambrose hits his finisher on Kofi for the win. After the match, Team Hell No come out and throw Ambrose and Rollins back in the ring. Orton hits a RKO on Rollins and Ambrose takes a Brogue kick to end it.
Tonight’s WWE TV tapings will take place from the CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
Confirmed for Main Event is Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title and set for the SmackDown tapings is Kofi Kingston vs. Dean Ambrose for the United States Title.
WWE taped the following matches for tonight’s SmackDown:
* Santino Marella vs. Fandango
* Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett
* Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio
* Hornswoggle, Natalya and The Great Khali vs. Primo, Epico and Rosa Mendes
* Mark Henry and Big Show vs. Sheamus and Randy Orton
The WrestleMania 29 DVD and Blu-ray will feature The Miz vs. Wade Barrett from the pre-show, the entire WrestleMania post-show and the entire 2013 Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
Blu-ray exclusives include Triple H and Brock Lesnar’s contract signing from the March 18th RAW, CM Punk speaking about The Undertaker from the March 25th RAW and the Legends Q&A with The Rock and John Cena.
The pre-game and post-game desk show WWE did at WrestleMania with Jim Ross, Dusty Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Scott Sanford is scheduled to be part of every pay-per-view going forward.
No word yet if Kofi will be a regular.
Here’s what looks to be the final card for Sunday’s WWE WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view. It should be noted that WWE is billing the pre-show match between Wade Barrett and The Miz as being “interactive.”
WWE Title Match
John Cena vs. The Rock
World Heavyweight Title Match
Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio
WWE Tag Team Title Match
Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
No Holds Barred Match with Triple H’s Career On The Line
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Shawn Michaels will be in Triple H’s corner
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns
Ryback vs. Mark Henry
Fandango vs. Chris Jericho
Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins
Pre-show WWE Intercontinental Title Match
The Miz vs. Wade Barrett
According to the official WWE website, Wade Barrett vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship has been added to this year’s WrestleMania card. This brings the total matches for this year’s event to nine, not including the pre-show, which has yet to be announced.
The following is an updated match card for WrestleMania 29:
The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
No Holds Barred
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
*If Triple H loses, his career is over
World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger
Mark Henry vs. Ryback
The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus & Big Show
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
WWE Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston
As WWE marches toward WrestleMania, the career of Kofi Kingston appears to be in a downward trajectory. Since losing the Intercontinental Championship to Wade Barrett on the New Year’s Eve episode of Raw, the regularly spotlighted wrestler has yet to win a match on Raw, SmackDown or at a pay-per-view event. Despite his slipping standing, Kingston has his sights set on breaking into the main event scene.
“I’m focusing right now on breaking into that top tier,” said Kingston to SLAM! Wrestling promoting WrestleMania. “I feel that now I’m so close, you know. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but like I said, I feel I can go out there with anybody and be great. It’s just a matter of getting opportunities to do so and staying the course of what I do. I always say that I don’t have control over what the direction of the show will be, and what storylines I’ll be in. But what I do have control over is being in the ring and doing what I do. Regardless of what’s going on and whomever I’m in there with, I’ll be able to go out there and do some incredible things. It’s like I said, I always want to be moving ahead.”
Kingston has been involved in multi-man matches atWrestleMania since 2009, and is hopeful that this is the year he will be featured in a singles match.
“When we were kids and fantasizing about being a WWE Superstar — I actually had a Bugs Bunny doll that I used to practice all my moves on — you always imagine yourself being in the main event a WrestleMania. Me and Bugs Bunny. You always envision being there in a singles match. Just you and your opponent on the grandest stage of them all. The selfishness comes out, but you want more eyes on you than on having them on other people in your match,” said Kingston.
The multi-time champion says he would be willing to compete against anyone at WrestleMania since he prides himself in his ability to have a great match with any talent.
“I’m not picky at all. I pride myself on being one of those guys that can go out there with anybody and have a great match. I have the mentality that it doesn’t matter who I’m in there with, we’ll tear the house down regardless,” said Kingston.
Kingston has been a fan favorite during his entire run in WWE. While he has no plans to turn heel, he would be up for it if the fans wanted it.
“It’s all about how the fans see you,” he said. “Going back to The Rock, people used to love him initially. But then they started chanting ‘Rocky sucks.’ And for no reason really. Maybe they just got sick of him, or were able to see through the character and see that wasn’t who he really was. Whatever the reason, it was the fans that actually made The Rock start thinking about becoming The Rock. I really have no idea. Everyone has a different story of how they go back and forth from good guy to bad guy. Nobody really knows what the future holds. And I think that’s one of the best things about it — that unpredictability factor.”
Kingston also discusses his entry into the professional wrestling industry, the change from his initial Jamaican character, his luck in avoiding serious injury, living in the public spotlight and more.
The full interview is available here.
Another reason why the Highlight Reel segment on Monday’s Raw might have bombed was a technical malfunction with the Jeritron 6000 throwing off the timing of the skit.
The Jeritron was in the ring, but wasn’t functioning, so the ring crew quickly unplugged it and took it out of ring while The Miz’s “Marine 3″ trailer was showing.
Jericho then improvised to explain why it was gone while the crew worked frantically to try to get it working, but realized it wasn’t going to work. So, they pulled it and laid it outside the ring.
Later in the segment, as Wade Barrett’s movie trailer played, Jericho jokingly gave the tech guys a hard time.
Credit – F4WOnline
Two possible WrestleMania 29 matches discussed over the weekend were Chris Jericho vs. Mark Henry and Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett.
The belief within WWE is that there aren’t any matches set in stone for the undercard yet and that plans are changing on a regular basis.
We have received multiple tweets (which, by the way, you can FOLLOW US on Twitter @WrestleChatNet) tonight about The Undertaker returning to the ring (yes, it’s random) at tonight’s WWE Live Event in Waco, Texas. Undertaker actually wrestled at the show as well, teaming with Sheamus to face Wade Barrett and Damien Sandow. This likely guarantees that Taker will be at WrestleMania 29.
WE NOW HAVE VIDEO OF HIS RETURN WHICH YOU CAN VIEW BY CLICKING HERE.
Here are some pics:
via @RickWWESignGuy by @OfficialCenaFan
WWE taped the February 22 episode of WWE SmackDown Tuesday night from the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi.
Here are live results.
* JBL and Josh Mathews are out for commentary. Lilian Garcia welcomes the fans.
* The show opens with highlights from Elimination Chamber and RAW.
* Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio come to the ring. Del Rio talks about Jack Swagger’s new attitude. Del Rio says this country was built by immigrants. Del Rio calls Swagger out but Randy Orton appears instead.
Orton enters the ring and says his opportunity was taken by Swagger. Orton wants a match with Swagger tonight. Booker T comes out and announces Wade Barrett vs. Del Rio and Swagger vs. Orton for tonight.
* Damien Sandow vs. Sheamus is up next. Sheamus gets the win after a lengthy match, using the Brogue Kick.
* They air the WrestleMania XXX announcement again.
* Aksana and Tamina vs. Kaitlyn and Layla is next. Kaitlyn spears Tamina for the win.
* Backstage segment with Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Wade Barrett. Zeb says Barrett is part of the problem. Zeb hopes Del Rio and Barrett kill each other.
* Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton is up next. Swagger wins a good physical match with his feet on the ropes.
* Promo for Dead Man Down. Backstage segment with Sheamus and Wade Barrett. Sheamus picks on Barrett’s acting and Barrett picks on Sheamus for losing to The Shield.
* The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes is up next. Miz wins with a Figure Four.
* Another immigration promo from Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter.
* A vignette for Fandango airs.
* Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett is up next. Swagger and Zeb come out and watch the match from the stage. Barrett dominates most of the match but Del Rio gets the win by submission. Swagger and Zeb approach the ring. Swagger and Del Rio have a staredown to end SmackDown.
Wade Barrett tweeted the following about his segment on RAW last night with Sheamus:
“I don’t know which pillock edited that #DeadManDown trailer together, but it seems he forgot about the film’s main star. Trust me, I play a pivotal role in the film and you will be blown away by my performance. In fact, you should make the most of me being in WWE while you can. Hollywood bigwigs will be clamoring for my signature after March 8th. Anyone else notice the jealousy in @WWESheamus’ eyes tonight? Some people just can’t handle others being more successful and better looking.”
After losing to Randy Orton on last night’s WWE SmackDown, Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett attacked Bo Dallas backstage. Barrett tweeted about the attack:
“Well, despite a disappointing result in my bout on #SmackDown, it felt great to restore the natural order once I’d returned to the back. I hope @TheBoDallas has learned a valuable lesson from all of this. Now it’s time to return to whence you came #DumbKid. And while I’m on the subject, if any of your NXT buddies are thinking of having a pop, they’ll get the same treatment. Now bugger off.”