The following column is from our partner Ray at WrestlingRambles.com. You can follow him on Twitter @RayTheRambler.
29 Things You Wanna See Happen At WrestleMania 29
WrestleMania 29 is upon us and as you may know, some of us aren’t into it this year. However for the amount of people not interested, there is at least 10 wrestling fans more whom are! So without further do, here are 29 things YOU want to see happen at WrestleMania 29.
- I’d like to see Cena turn heel, Ziggler cash in the MITB and have Swagger win. @DrewDeftones
- Cena beats Rock in a hard-fought battle. SHIELD comes out, demolishes Cena. Ziggler cashes in MITB, 1-2-3 Champ! @TheKFV
- I would like to see ziggler win the tag champs and then cash in the MITB briefcase and be a double champ by the end of the night. @Jef_GFC
- I want some surprises at WrestleMania maybe a heel turn nobody expects or a wrestler coming back who has been gone for a while. @RandySavage9988
- I’d like to see some actual wrestling, not a performance by a “rapper” who hasn’t been relevant since Notorious B.I.G died. @MarleyCardona23
- CM Punk to end the The Undertaker’s undefeated streak. @PasteyNate
- Old school blood match with Lesnar vs. HHH. Lesnar beats down everyone and wins. @SimonSplash
- Shawn Michaels costs Triple H the match against Lesnar, and they have a match at WrestleMania 30. @JHF0410
- A possible heel turn for Cena is the main subplot of the whole event. @SimonSplash
- let’s see some good wrestling matches no gimmicks don’t want to see Ziggler walk out as champ,makes title fight pointless. @Andrewlvey87
- Cena beats rock wins the WWE championship. The next night on raw Batista returns and kicks cenas ass. @Dylan_Mooney.
- I would like to see Randy Orton turn heel, betray Sheamus and Big Show, and become the leader of The Shield. @Harvest_S
- Shawn Michaels will be reveal as a Paul Heyman’s Guy. @TheMikeMP
- While everyone is expecting a Cena or Randy heel turn, I want Sheamus to turn heel. That’ll be a nice twist for us. @XtremeStyles_
- I want to see the Taker vs Punk match as intense as, if not more brutal, than HHH vs Taker match. @Kkat26
- I want A.J. Lee to end up winning the Divas Title at WM in her home state. @BizarroDoom
- What if Jack Swagger have been brain-washed by “Uncle Zebeckia” ? @TheMikeP
- Rock beating Cena for the second time and watching how it will play out. @AmIOverYet
- Cena Cheats to beat The Rock and turns heel. Orton to cost his team the match and turn heel. Undertaker to bury Punk in a casket. @ChrisMcCabe
- Antonio Cessaro and Corey Graves to appear. @BKelley81
- I’m guessing a Randy Orton heel turn to become the leader of the Shield has been said already? @TheAussieViper
- Bring back Batista and make him in charge of the shield sounds crazy nobody will expect it WWE needs a Wild storyline. @RandySavage9988
- I wanna see a sequel to Zack Ryder’s ”Friday” skit, but maybe I’m alone in that feeling. @PowerToTheSmarks
- Little Jimmy making his first in-ring appearance. @ItsPopsigirl
- Jericho assault Ziggler backstage steals the briefcase and cashes it in and wins the world heavyweight title. @ScouseWrestling
- During the punk and taker match de lights go off and BOOM! Out cums STING and ends up Knocking taker out and taker looses. @Dylan_Mooney
- Motorhead playing out Hunter again. @King12String
- I want to be surprised. To see WrestleMania 29 fade to black having made my jaw drop. I want something I’m not expecting. @TheAdamDavies
- I want to see 70,000 Modern Era fans give Bruno a massive standing ovation & “BRUNO, BRUNO” chant. @WrestleChatNet
Some very creative tweets and some not-so creative. I think Randy Orton turning heel and forming an alliance with The Shield is an epic way to end their match. It’s a cool swerve and the match needs something like that. The Shield have something cool going here and having this happen can only make them stronger. John Cena turning heel is a popular scenario. I doubt it is going to happen just yet. WWE gave him a bit of ‘edge’ in his promos the past few weeks but that doesn’t mean they’re setting him up to turn his back on his beloved fans. I don’t see HBK turning on Triple H. I have said it would be an EPIC moment and it would be. But as of this writing, I can’t see HBK wrestling again. Batista returning? YES. This needs to happen. Will it happen at WrestleMania? Hopefully but I doubt it. If he does, it’ll most probably be a Raw show. Batista in charge of The Shield, that would be an insanely epic moment and would indeed be a wild storyline the WWE needs.
What do I want to see happen? I want The Undertaker and CM Punk to have an epic 25 minute match. Have Undertaker win, BUT, at the end Taker picks up Punk from the mat and bows his head. A sign of RESPECT (What CM Punk has been looking for). Then, Punk leaves the ring, Taker gets a standing ovation. Punk, in return, gives back RESPECT. Something he hasn’t done (kayfabe wise) in a long time.
Thanks for reading wrestling fans. This will be my final column until after WrestleMania. A lot of opinions have been shared in this column and I want to thank everyone who participated. Please give me your opinion below. I will be happy to have a discussion with you on any topic.
I will not be ordering WrestleMania this year. Want to know why? Then read HERE.
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/RayTheRambler and Wrestling Rambles https://twitter.com/WrestlinRambles and of course my website http://wrestlingrambles.com/. Keep checking WrestleChat everyday!
- Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton participated in a Make-A-Wish signing at Maggiano’s restaurant in Little Italy on Friday:
- WWE Studios’ No One Lives featuring Brodus Clay will be released in select cities on May 10th.
- There have been a lot of complaints about the set up of this year’s WrestleMania Axxess events. Fan reports from Thursday and Friday show that many fans have waited in long lines without getting the autographs they wanted.
The Undertaker is advertised for the dark main event for the April 23rd SmackDown tapings in London. He will be teaming with Randy Orton and Sheamus to face The Shield.
Credit – F4WOnline
- The original plan for the big six-man match was for Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show to defeat Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose but those plans have reportedly changed.
- There was talk this past week of adding AJ Lee and Kaitlyn to the WWE Tag Team Title match at WrestleMania 29 and putting all titles on the line. If they go with the change, it would be AJ, Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kaitlyn, Kane and Daniel Bryan.
The O2 in London is advertising The Undertaker for the Tuesday, April 23 Smackdown TV taping.
“The Undertaker returns! It’s official, WWE SmackDown on 23 April will feature one of the greatest WWE Superstars of all time, The Undertaker, in a London exclusive not to be missed. See The Phenom live for the first time in over four years.”
WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Hershey, PA:
* The Rock kicks off SmackDown and gets a massive pop from the crowd. Rock tells a story about Hershey from when he was younger and cuts a promo on John Cena. He’s interrupted by John Laurinaitis. Rock asks who the hell Laurinaitis is. Laurinaitis says Teddy Long gave him permission to come out.
Laurinaitis says John Cena is the reason he was fired and he wants to be in Rock’s corner at WrestleMania. Rock says we’ll let the people decide and they boo. Rock says he and Laurinaitis should send Cena a message together but they need a handshake first. Rock lays Laurinaitis out with a spinebuster and a People’s Elbow. Rock pulls a giant Hershey bar from under the ring, signs it and gives it to kids in the crowd.
* Chris Jericho defeats Wade Barrett. Jericho speaks after the match and says he would love to face the Intercontinental Champion at WrestleMania but guesses he will face Fandango instead. The Fandango silhouette drops down on the stage. Jericho picks on Fandango’s name. Fandango comes out, walks to the ring but turns around and leaves.
* While they set up for the weight lifting competition, an interview from earlier in the day with Paul Heyman talking to Matt Striker about Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H is shown.
* Booker T, Teddy Long, Ryback and Mark Henry come out for the weight lifting challenge. Ryback is up first. Henry and Ryback get the same score. Booker reminds them of a no-contact policy. Henry drops the weight bar across Ryback’s neck and Ryback rolls around choking.
* Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston and AJ Lee vs. Kane, Daniel Bryan and Kaitlyn is up next in mixed-tag action. Kane gives the boot to Big E and Kaitlyn pins AJ for the win.
* The Shield cut a promo on the big screen.
* Jack Swagger and The Great Khali wrestle in what was said to be a very bad match. They both get counted out. Swagger puts the Patriot Lock on Hornswoggle when Ricardo Rodriguez comes out and tells Swagger to come and get him. Alberto Del Rio sneaks in the ring and puts the armbreaker on Zeb Colter. Del Rio holds Zeb and Ricardo hits him with the crutch. Swagger comes back and Del Rio hits him.
* Backstage interview with Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show.
* They show Arnold Schwarzenegger’s tweet talking about inducting Bruno Sammartino.
* Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton is up next. Orton, Show and Sheamus get the win. The Shield appears but get chased into the crowd. Orton, Show and Sheamus beat them up bad and pose at the top of the stairs.
WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings inCincinnati:
* The Miz kicks off SmackDown with MizTV. His guests are Randy Orton and Sheamus, talking about the six-man match at WrestleMania 29 and how they need a partner. They talk about Big Show and here he comes. Booker T ends up coming out and says tonight, Sheamus, Orton and Big Show will team up to see if they can get on the same page.
* Mark Henry squashed Zack Ryder. After the match, Henry hit Ryder with more World’s Strongest Slams until Ryback came out and stared him down. Ryback send Henry flying out of the ring with a clothesline.
* Teddy Long and Booker t have words backstage about Teddy working with Vickie Guerrero on RAW to make Ryback vs. Mark Henry at WrestleMania.
* Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston is up next. AJ Lee joins JBL and Michael Cole on commentary. Kofi ended up taking out Big E Langston on the floor but Ziggler got the win. After the match, Big E laid Kofi out.
* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Big Show arguing.
* Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out and talk about Ricardo Rodriguez getting injured on RAW. Chris Jericho interrupts Swagger and their match is up next.
Fandango interrupted during the match with his big lit-up display. He appeared on the stage and distracted Jericho. Fandango comes down and hits Jericho while the referee is distracted, allowing Swagger to get the win. After the match, Fandango came in and beat Jericho up. Fandango hit a top rope leg drop to end it.
* Backstage interview with Big Show talking about tonight’s main event.
* Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes come out with The Bella Twins. Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi are out next. The match ends in a no contest when The Bellas interfere. Naomi took them out and danced.
* Backstage interview with Orton and Sheamus talking about the main event.
* Wade Barrett comes out for commentary. The Miz defeated Antonio Cesaro by submission. Barrett teased Miz with the Intercontinental Title.
* Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus vs. Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal is up next. Sheamus got the pin and sort of upset Big Show. They got into it and out comes The Shield. Orton, Sheamus and Show regrouped and stopped them from entering the ring to end the show.
Triple H took the top spot in this week’s ESPN WWE Power Rankings, followed by Brock Lesnar, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston, and the trio of Randy Orton, Sheamus and the Big Show.
ESPN’s article also took a shot at last night’s Raw, stating that it “will go down as one of the historically bad nights in wrestling television (and a clear signal that they need to end the three-hour experiment).”
As reported earlier, WWE announced on Friday’s SmackDown episode that Ryback, Randy Orton & Sheamus would take on The Shield at this year’s WrestleMania pay-per-view event. We also noted that Ryback will most likely be pulled from that match and replaced by The Big Show.
WWE.com may have spoiled that change as they have a photo that shows The Big Show in Ryback’s place in a promotional image for the bout. You can check out the photo below.
Credit: Ringside News
Smackdown taping in Fort Wayne. Brad Maddox was doing commentary all night. Here are the results:
*Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow after hitting them with their finishers. The Shield challenged them to face them at Wrestlemania with any partner they wanted.
*The Miz defeated Darren Young. Wade Barrett was at ringside but nothing happened.
*On the screen, we saw Big Show offer to be the third man with Orton and Sheamus but they turned him down. They said they had a partner already and it was Ryback.
*Layla & Kaitlyn defeat Tamina Snuka & Aksana. Let’s just say they need to edit some of this one.
*On the screen, the Bellas laid out the Funkadacytles. Yes, really. They mocked Brodus and Tensai.
*Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane. Yes, CM Punk lost to Kane and Kane lost to Ziggler, who loses to everyone. None of this makes any sense to anyone except well, who knows? Daniel Bryan and Langston got involved.
*Fandango vs. Great Khali never went down. Same deal as the all his other appearances.
*Booker announced The Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, and Randy Orton official. The Shield attacked Orton and Sheamus.
*Mark Henry vs Ryback never started as The Shield then attacked Ryback. 10 seconds after the bell rang, The Shield attacked Ryback. Once he was beaten down, Henry hit him over and over with the World’s Strongest Slam.
*Jack Swagger pinned Chris Jericho. Far and away the best match I’ve ever seen Swagger have.
Vince McMahon was reportedly a lot more hands-on with producing and scripting last night’s RAW from Indianapolis. This was the first week since Eric Pankowski’s departure and it’s said that he wasn’t missed last night and it was like he was never there.
What likely led to Pankowski’s departure was having CM Punk, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show compete in the Fatal 4 Way two weeks ago to earn the right to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29.
Everyone felt that the Fatal 4 Way was a bad idea. People told Pankowski it was a bad idea but he blew them off and went with it. No word yet why Vince McMahon approved it for TV.
Yesterday we revealed 4 major feuds and 3 matches that will be featured on WWE’s “The Top 25 Rivalries in Wrestling History” DVD and Blu-ray that hits stores on March 28th.
Courtesy of WWEDVDNews.com, here are 4 more feuds and 3 more matches confirmed for the DVD:
* Randy Orton vs. Triple H
* Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher
* Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar
* The Undertaker vs. Kane
* Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher from World Class Championship Wrestling, July 1987
* Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar from SummerSlam 2003
* Triple H, Shane McMahon and Batista vs. Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes from Backlash 2009
The woman appearing on WWE TV and at live events with Fandango apparently isn’t the same one each time. LacrosseTribune.com has an article up on local dance instructor Lisa Kasten.
Kasten was just informed that she will be dancing with Fandango at this weekend’s SmackDown live event in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Kasten was told she would be salsa dancing for 15 to 20 seconds, two different times.
Like many of you, I have been extremely excited to see what this year’s WrestleMania 29 set looks like. Today, we got our first glimpse of what exactly will be incorporated into it. Rod Wraps, the people designing this year’s set, posted a few sneak peeks to their Instagram account. You can see the entire album here, but here are a few previews of what looks to be the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building: