0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on March 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm
The following review was written by long-time WrestleChat.net contributor, Jeremy Plauche. You can follow Jeremy on Twitter @plauchej and on Facebook here.
Last night I had an awesome time at Wildkat Wrestling’s ‘Back to School’ event held at JD Meisler Middle School in Metairie, Louisiana.
Before the doors opened, I had the opportunity to talk to a group of individuals who call themselves the Heel World Order. These guys are some of Wildkats biggest fans, donning their HWO shirts and signs; they were ready from some action. I asked the group, who was comprised of Joe R., Ryan K., Lyman Z., David T., Starman, and Bryan K., who their favorite wrestlers were and what they liked about Wildkat Wrestling. The fan favorites among the group were Jack Jameson and the Southern Stomper himself, Luke Hawx.
The Heel World Order told me that they really enjoy watching Wildkat because it’s in your face action. They always have a great time, the friendly atmosphere is awesome, and they are thrilled that Indy wrestling is being put back on the map here in Louisiana. Ryan K. was Syfy Channels WM 27 contest winner, winning an all expense trip for two to Wrestlemania 27. You can follow these guys on Twitter @HeelWorldOrder
I also spoke to the official Wildkat photographer, Jon-Paul LeBlanc. LeBlanc tells WrestleChat that he likes the Wildkat crew as a whole. He stated that Wildkat is a great ambassador for Indy wrestling, representing Louisiana very well. LeBlanc is a photographer for a dozen other wrestling promoters, some of which were having events the same night, he chose to come to Wildkat.
Now its time to start the show, the night opens with Brett Landry and Big Ramp in the ring welcoming everyone and getting the crowd pumped up. Those in attendance were obviously ready by how loud that gymnasium was.
Here are the results from Wildkat Wrestings Back to School from Metairie, LA
Bolt Brady/Buku Dao/Houston Carson def. Ricky Starks/Byron Wilcott/Curt Matthews via pinfall by Buku Dao.
Jack Jameson def. Kadaver via pinfall. After the match, I spoke with Jameson on his first win here at Wildkat. Jameson stated; ‘I’ve been here about a year and a half and this win has brought some prestige to my beard.”
Rudy Russo def. Haniel T via a controversial pinfall, Russo blatantly used to ropes to his advantage while pinning Haniel T.
In a Newcomer Match: John Saxxon def. Purple Haze via pinfall. I spoke to purple haze after the match. Although not having a win tonight, Purple Haze was still in good spirits when I asked what he liked about wrestling with Wildkat. He stated; “This is a big opportunity! This opens a lot of doors and gives me the chance with gain experience with the vets of the business.”
“The Outlaw” Matt Lanci w/ Hardbody Harper def. Sgt. Soccorro in a Grudge Match via pinfall
Hot Shot Blake Wilder def. Mike Dell via pinfall. This was Blake’s first match back after an injury. Both Wilder and the Jersey native Mike Dell put on a great match.
Luke Hawx and Wes Adams def. Steve Anthony(C) and The Minotaur via pinfall in a title shot vs. Perry Hawx hair match. The stipulation was that if Hawx/Adams won then Hawx would have an opportunity at the Wildkat World Heavyweight Championship. If they lost, then Steve Anthony would shave Perry Hawx’s bald!
After the win, Hawx challenged Anthony to a title match on the spot. Refusing to fight Hawx, Anthony attempted to make his way to the back before being stopped by the Wildkat Superstars. Anthony was thrown back into the ring and our championship match was underway. In the end, Hawx came out on top as Wildkat World Heavyweight Champion.
After the crowds left, I caught up with Wes Adams, a former WWE referee, who has been wrestling with Wildkat for over a year. Adams says he love wrestling alongside Hawx and the rest of the WildKat Superstars. Adams spent two years with WWE as an ECW and Smackdown Ref.
To conclude the night, I spoke briefly with Luke Hawx, who was very excited about his championship win. I asked Luke what he thought about his WWE tryout. He stated there was a lot of training and had to opportunity to wrestle in front of Bill DeMott, Joey Mercury, William Regal, and Dusty Rhodes.
The first-ever meeting of Japanese legend Jushin Liger and former ECW World champion Sabu will headline the Extreme Rising one year anniversary show in Philadelphia, PA at the National Guard Armory Wrestlemania weekend Thursday 4/4.
While the two have faced off in New Japan, this will be the first time they wrestle Stateside and the first time they have met since the mid-1990s.
Also announced for the Anniversary event:
*Extreme Rising champion Stevie Richards vs. Raven.
*Damien 666 & Bestia 666 vs. Super Crazy & Pescadilla.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on January 21, 2013 at 10:50 pm
TNA announced their possible competitors for their Gut Check competition today. The only problem is that many of the people listed haven’t even given their consent to TNA to go forward with it. One of those guys is Indy star Luke Hawx. Hawx noted on his Twitter today that he didn’t even agree to take part in Gut Check and, in fact, ignored their e-mail invitation to participate. Hawx posted:
“I DID NOT agree to participate in this Tna gut check contest. As a matter of fact when they emailed me I DID NOT RESPOND! Please DO NOT vote for me, use it for someone who wants to be there and worried about if they will get a check on time(if they even get a check).”
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on December 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm
PWInsider.com is reporting there is a big push internally in WWE to make the product edgier.
While this is not Vince McMahon’s idea, he’s said to be on-board with listening for ideas as he recognizes numbers are down across the board. The hope is in light of the low ratings, to give the audience something different compared to what they’ve been seeing over the last couple years.
According to the report, we can also expect to see more wrestling heavy programming.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on December 6, 2012 at 4:27 pm
Credit – F4WOnline
Velvet Sky has signed a new TNA contract and is in Orlando today for the television taping. It had been noted TNA had been trying to sign before the contract expired and had continued to be interested after she turned down prior offers.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on December 5, 2012 at 6:56 pm
The official website of WWE developmental promotion NXT has added French wrestler Sylvester Lefort to its roster page.
Billed at 5’9″ and 170 pounds, he is the smallest male wrestler in developmental. His bio acknowledges this, stating, “He prides himself on being a main attraction everywhere he competes and even though small in stature, his intensity and aggressive nature makes him a threat to any giant in NXT.”
Lefort lives by the motto: “I am not a big guy – but I will do some big things.”
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on December 2, 2012 at 1:24 pm
It had been looking like WWE was testing a babyface turn with Michael McGillicutty but he’s back to working as a heel this weekend, losing to Brodus Clay at live events. McGillicutty is also back to wearing his old gear.
We noted a few months ago that Triple H was very high on McGillicutty.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on September 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm
In just 3 weeks, NWA Wildkat returns to to Harahan,La. Tickets are going fast with only a few floor seats remaining. Floor tickets are $15 and Gen Admission $10. To purchase floor tickets, send an e-mail WildkatSports@gmail.com. Gen admission are sold at Body Fuel Sports Supplements and Nutrition in River Ridge.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on August 7, 2012 at 9:19 am
NWA WildKat put on their latest show in Harahan, Louisiana, on Friday, August 8th, 2012. As the event’s name foreshadowed, it truly was “Standing Room Only”!
- The WildKat Broadcast Team, Brett Landry and Big Ramp, opened the show and introduced former WWE and IMPACT Wrestling Superstar Orlando Jordan! He was on a promotional tour in Australia and unfortunately suffered a knee injury that sidelined him for several months, but he made his return to the United States to put the NWA WildKat locker room on notice! Though he’s still healing, Orlando proclaimed that WildKat will soon be his for the taking… Because O.J. is “Simply the Greatest”!
- The “Situ-Asian” Bu Ku Dao went up against, literally, his biggest challenge to date: Curt “The Stud” Matthews. Dao fought valiantly, but ended up on the receiving end of the Studbuster and a 3-count. Matthews wasn’t done though, as he locked Bu Ku Dao in a Camel Clutch after the match! It took some time for the referee to pry Matthews off of his opponent and it’s something that Bu Ku Dao is sure to have a receipt for.
- The ever-controversial and self-described “oppressed” Haniel T. came down to the ring, accompanied by his so-called “Real Estate”: a young woman who looked very excited to be ringside for her man. “Mr. Machismo” Jack Jameson put Haniel to the test, even getting the upper hand on him, until Haniel T. dropped Jameson with the Widowmaker for the pin. Luckily, Haniel didn’t get on the mic at this event… But who knows what this outspoken athlete will say next?
- The “Addictive & Expensive” Byron Wilcott strutted down to the ring next to face Ron Horn. The two big men brawled outside the ring too long and were simultaneously counted out.
- In The Match of The Night- Hardbody Harper led his tag team Rough & Ready (“Outlaw” Matt Lancie & Jack “The Natural” Ford) to the ring for a featured bout. This time, they’re forced to face ex-referee-turned-wrestler Wes Adams and WWE Attitude Era icon, “The Vampire Warrior” Gangrel! Adams and Gangrel defeated Rough & Ready after a brutal Impaler from Gangrel to The Natural. In a shocking turn of post-match events, Outlaw leveled his own partner with the Necessary Roughness maneuver and a pair of nasty piledrivers… All with Harper cheering him on! It looks like Hardbody and Outlaw have left The Natural behind. After he was carried out of the arena by WildKat personnel.
- After intermission, the electrifying “Supercharged Superstar” Bolt Brady made quick work of “Señor Hermoso” Rudy Russo with a well-placed Backstabber. The 30,000 Kilowatt high-flyer has been making serious waves in NWA WildKat and he surely has big things in his bright future!
- The newly-dubbed “Exclamation Point” Steve Anthony faced off against the “Texan Prodigy” Carson … But the scheduled confrontation between Steve Anthony and the “Southern Stomper” Luke Hawx got kicked off a little early as he ran down to the ring and assaulted Anthony. Though Steve Anthony won by DQ, the outcome of the match mattered little. WildKat’s ENTIRE locker room emptied to separate the two men from literally tearing each other apart. At this time, NWA Management Representative Percy Pringle III (formerly known in WWE as Paul Bearer) came down to ringside to play mediator. He said that if Luke Hawx and Steve Anthony wanted to get their hands on each other so badly, they’d have to earn it. They were announced as the first two participants in the September 21st one-night tournament to crown the first-ever NWA WildKat Champion! If they so much as lay a finger on one another before then, they lose their spots in the tourney. Can these two rampaging wrestlers keep calm long enough to last through the Championship Tournament?
- The main event of the night featured the “Prince of Pain” Joe Kane going head-to-head with the “American Warrior” Sgt. Socorro for the very last time… And this time was under Hardcore Rules! It was a bloody battle, where both men took each other to the extreme! But in the end, Sgt. Socorro reclaimed what was rightfully his: his beloved dog tags, honoring his fallen friends, that Joe Kane stole from him months ago. After a feud involving broken beer bottles and imploded tables, Socorro crushed his arch enemy once and for all with a Splash of Soco from the top rope thru a table for the win!
NWA WildKat will be back on September 21st, 2012 for the Championship Tournament, so don’t miss it! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube page, and keep up-to-date on all of NWA WildKat’s breaking news and developments!
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on August 4, 2012 at 9:55 pm
At tonight’s CWF (Continental Wrestling Federation)” “Superclash” show in Orlando, Florida, Luke Hawx defeated Jesse Neal to become the very first CWF Heavyweight Champion. Hawx tweeted the following picture:
Also appearing at the show were John Morrison, Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal, and more.