0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on April 15, 2013 at 11:45 am
Courtesy of WWEDVDNews.com, here are some updated notes on the 2013 WWE DVD schedule:
* A Best of Madison Square Garden set is still planned and will be a 3 disc DVD, 2 disc Blu-ray. It’s scheduled for an August 27th release in the US and September 9th in the UK.
* Best of Mid-South Wrestling will be a 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray set, scheduled for release on September 10th in the US and September 16th in the UK.
* A Triple H bio will be 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray, hitting US stores on September 24th and UK stores on October 7th.
* WWE still has plans to release a Goldberg set but it’s a match compilation and likely won’t feature a documentary. It’s possible Goldberg won’t even be involved with the project. That 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray set is scheduled for a US release on October 8th and a UK release on September 30th.
* The Money in the Bank Anthology will be a 3 disc DVD and 2 disc Blu-ray, releasing in the US on October 29th and the UK on November 11th.
* History of WWE is another 3 disc DVD and 3 disc Blu-ray that’s being worked on and is scheduled for a November 19th release in the US and a November 4th release in the UK.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on November 1, 2012 at 5:31 pm
Sales for WWE’s CM Punk – Best in the World DVD and Blu-ray were strong in its first week of release. The DVD sold 28,938 copies for $576,472 and the Blu-ray version sold 23,272 for $581,571. It was No. 19 in overall DVD sales and No. 9 in Blu-Ray.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on October 26, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Courtesy of WWEDVDNews, here is the cover photo and synopsis for the “Top 100 Moments in RAW History” DVD and Blu-ray set that comes out on December 11th:
“Since its debut on January 11 1993 Monday Night Raw has delivered an endless supply of thrills suspense action controversy and excitement for the WWE Universe to enjoy each and every week. On the heels of celebrating the monumental 1000th episode of the longest running weekly episodic program on television WWE counts down the top 100 moments in Raw history. From the early years through the Attitude Era and today relive all the top moments that have kept the WWE Universe glued to their sets for nearly 20 years. From the destructive DX to Stone Cold’s hell-raising antics epic title celebrations shocking twists and poignant memories of all your favorite Superstars it’s all collected here. Plus own the complete 3-hour Raw 1000th episode that celebrated history and launched a new era in WWE- featuring exclusive never-before-seen backstage footage of current Superstars and returning Legends who appeared in the show.”
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on May 16, 2012 at 9:26 pm
A preliminary DVD artwork cover for July’s “WWE Undertaker: The Streak” Home Video release has been revealed and confirmed to have been provided by WWE. The Undertaker: The Streak DVD and Blu-ray formats hits stores on July 24.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on May 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm
WWEDVDNews has also released the second synopsis for WWE’s Top 50 Greatest Finishers DVD and Blu-ray, which hits stores in North America on August 21st:
“It’s a countdown of the top 50 finishing moves in WWE History! Watch all your favorite WWE Superstars as they countdown the best finishing moves, and discuss each one along the way. Plus Disc 2 and 3 include over 6 hours of bonus matches, including many tag team matches, where you can see many of the top finishing moves performed in the one match. Moves that are sure to be included are: The Stone Cold Stunner, Rock Bottom, Pedigree, Sweet Chin Music, Tombstone, Go To Sleep and more. Did your favorite WWE finishing move make the list?”
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on May 12, 2012 at 11:34 am
WWE’s European DVD distributor Silvervision announced that because of production problems, they are issuing refunds to fans who pre-ordered the following DVD and Blu-ray titles: Best of WCW Clash of the Champions, ECW Unreleased Volume 1 and WrestleMania 28.
0Posted by Brett Clendaniel on May 10, 2012 at 9:59 am
New details are now avialable on WWE’s Top 50 Greatest Finishing Moves DVD and Blu-ray set, thanks to WWEDVDNews.com. The two-disc Blu-ray and three-disc DVD set will be released on August 21st in North America.
Here is the official synopsis:
“The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History presents the most amazing, devastating and bone crunching signature moves in this countdown-style production guaranteed to stir up controversy and banter among the WWE Universe.
From Sweet Chin Music to the Rock Bottom, Attitude Adjustment and everything in between, these are the moves guaranteed to bring the masses to their feet and to leave the unfortunate recipient lying on the mat for the inevitable three count.
Which moves made the cut, and what is the greatest finishing move in the history of WWE. This 3-Disc DVD is great for the opinionated WWE history buffs who love to debate which Superstar’s moves are the greatest.”