Last night, Wildkat Sports presented “Hawx vs. Hardy” from the Mel Ott Center in Gretna, Louisiana. Before the doors even opened, the line was down the sidewalk and around the corner. Wrestling fans came from all around to witness on the best shows Wildkat has ever presented!
Fans were excited to see the showdown between “The Southern Stomper” Luke Hawx and “The Icon” Matt Hardy as they poured into the complex. As you looked throughout the crowd, fans were also excited about what the rest of the night had in store. Waves of Bu Ku Dao, Bolt Brady, and Sgt. Socorro supporters were on hand to see one epic show.
Brett Landry and Big Ramp open the show to a huge pop from the crowd, the dynamic duo welcomed to Gretna and the electricity started to build. Soon after, Matt Hardy accompanied by Reby Sky make their way to the ring. Hardy began to tell Gretna how he was here to destroy Hawx in revenge for pushing him off the top rope at Extreme Rising. Hardy vowed to end Hawx’s career before the night was over.
Here is a recap of the matches
- The “King of the 450” Steve Anthony with Handsome Hardbody Harper def. the “Addictive and Expensive” Byron Wilcott via pinfall. The crowd was on the edge of their seats during this match. Anthony and Wilcott both put on a spectacular match!
- Wes Adams and Purple Haze def. Rudy Russo and Ricky Starks via pinfall. All four men put on a great fight in this match. The back and forth action was incredible. Personally, I am a huge fan of all four of these guys.. they are going to do great things!
- “Outlaw” Matt Lancie def. Sgt. Socorro in a Texas Bullrope Match to become the Wildkat Revolution Champion. Fans agree, this is hands down one of the most violent matches they’ve seen in Wildkat. Fans were on their feet in this brutal battle, but in the end.. it was The Outlaw coming out victorious.
- Bu Ku Dao def. Curt Matthews via submission. This match has been a year in the making, the heat between these exploded in the ring. The fan favorite, Bu Ku Dao, stunned the crowd when he executed a Power Bomb on Matthews. Curt Matthews put up a strong fight against the Situ-Asian but tapped out in the end. Bu Ku Daos celebration was cut short when Steve Anthony would suplex and submit Dao.
- Bestia 666 def. Bolt Brady via pinfall. These two flyers took to the air during their incredible match and blew the roof off the place! Bestia 666 made his return to Wildkat in a rematch against Brady. Now that Bestia won this round, this brings the score to 1-1. Will there be one more match to settle the score?
Now for the Main Event:
Luke Hawx with Trina Michaels def. Matt Hardy with Reby Sky via pinfall. Folks, I’m not going to lie, this was one of the most incredible matches I’ve ever seen. When it was all said and done, this turned into a No DQ 2 out of 3 falls contest! The first leg of this match started off as a regular match, both competitors engaging each other with force. Reby Sky would interfere by pushing Hawx off the top rope down the floor, resulting in a count out. At this point, Matt Hardy wasn’t very happy with this count out. He insisted the match resume to settle the score between the two. Al Lyons, the Wildkat General Manager, would approve and make it a no count out match.
As the second leg of this match began, the entire room was on there feet! The two warriors went back battle. Reby Sky would interject again and introduce a ladder into the mix. When Trina Michaels saw this, a second battle was started between the two women. Matt Hardy would get his hands on the ladder and assault Hawx with it, resulting in a DQ. The room lost their minds at this point when Hawx was declared the winner, but this match was far from over!
Al Lyons wasn’t very happy with the decision and pointed out that this needed to be settled and the only way was by pinfall, Lyons would then allow the match to continue. This time, our last leg of the match would turn into a No Disqualification Match. As the match continues on, Reby Sky hands Hardy a chair and let the beating commence. It would almost seem like Matt Hardy was going to win until he insulted Louisiana and the entire Wildkat locker room. One by one, each Superstar came out to defend Wildkat and Hardy was waiting with a chair. Brady, Starks, Lancie, Bu Ku Dao, Adams all felt the wrath of Hardy’s chair shot. It wasn’t till Steve Anthony came in a Superkicked Hardy! Now that the Wildkat crew had the upper hand, it was time for retribution.
Hardy would be at the receiving end of a Wildkat whoopin! With the motivation behind him, Hawx would climb the ladder and deliver Matt Hardy’s own signature flying leg drop to get him the 1-2-3 by the entire Wildkat roster! The crowd delivered a huge pop for Hawx, for they had just witnessed history!
Photo Credit: Jon-Paul LeBlanc