Edge Says He Was Never Offered Another WWE Legends Contract Last Week; Talks Upcoming Neck Surgery

Credit –PWTorch

In an interview with the Kingston Whig-Standard publication, Copeland called his WWE appearance “another day at the office,” dispelling the rumor that WWE tried to get him to sign a Legends deal. Copeland added that he has not experienced bad feelings from WWE, contrary to rumors. “Nobody has said anything to me,” Copeland said.

Copeland’s next challenge is neck surgery, which Copeland says he pushed back from October to November in order to appear on Tommy Dreamer’s first “House of Hardcore” show Saturday night at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

“It’s strange in a way, because it’s my first non-WWE thing I’ve done since, like ’97,” Copeland said about the appearance. “When (Dreamer) was talking about doing the show and everything, I was like, ‘Well, I’m supposed to get neck surgery, we’re trying to do it sometime in October, but maybe if we push it back till November, I can get the show in, do that and then I can enjoy my October and then go under the knife.'”

Copeland noted this will be his fourth neck surgery, but this time he won’t feel like he has to rush back to wrestling. What he does after recovering from surgery remains to be seen, but Copeland knows it will be on his timetable, not someone else’s.

“This is the first time where I can go, ‘Okay, I can just take my time, recuperate, not kill myself in the gym with rehab and therapy to get back. It’s my neck, so there’s not a lot of therapy I can do anyway. I just kind of have to sit there and let it heal. It’s a nice place to be – to kind of have the reins on my future.”

The full interview can be read at TheWhig.com