As we posted about earlier, Bret Hart did a Q&A at The Comedy Store in Manchester over the weekend. Hart made waves earlier today when it was revealed that Bret fully believes that his late brother, Owen, will be inducted into the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame. RingsideNews reader Rob Bartlett attended the event and gave some more details on the things that Hart discussed. Here are the highlights:
- He praised Triple H for his roles with the company.
- He said his WrestleMania 26 match with Vince McMahon was “bullshit” but he considered it a personal victory. He talked about how Vince promised him a 5 year WWE Title reign back in 1992 as a way to re-establish fans belief in pro wrestling again.
- He looked up to Hulk Hogan but there was an incident in 1993 when Hogan returned, Bret was talking to Brutus Beefcake at a TV taping. Hogan approached and Bret tried to shake his hand but Hogan left him hanging for about 30 seconds. Bret told a story about where he and Steve Austin were backstage at a Hall of Fame and when they saw Hogan walking over, Austin said, “I never trusted him.” Hogan walked over, held out his hand and both Austin and Hart ignored him for about 30 seconds.
- He got emotional when talking about Hogan making some negative comments about him in a DVD WWE was doing on him. Video is below.
- He named Kurt Angle, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar as guys he would have liked to wrestle. He said it would have been cool to face Daniel Bryan and CM Punk back to back in a King of the Ring tournament.